Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday trailers and the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

It's Friday, late on a Friday at that, but I wanted to get a quick blog out to sate the masses of adoring fans that will attempt to tear my arms off if I do not.

I love you guys to death, but Jesus, I need these things for so many reasons.

A couple trailers I saw and was slightly curious about:

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus


Looks pretty decent. A bit like one of those Kings Quest games I used to get so angry at ... so angry that I'd call their tip lines on my parents credit cards. That always made me less angry. My parents on the other hand ...

Does anyone else feel like Johnny Depp only became an actor 'cause he was pissed he wasn't born a Brit? He feels like my friend Graham Benjamin who'd always get rip-roaring high and talk in a British accent. It was funny, for a while.

Me and Orson Welles


Good God, could we have at least got a properly grammaticized title? Richard Linklater ... I'm so confused. I mean I understand, you need money, but there has to be something better than this. If I looked up "Hit 'n' Miss" in the dictionary, your gleaming mug would be settled right next to it.

Law Abiding Citizen


Hmmmm ... it has potential. Heavy-handed, major explosions and over-acting potential but I'm sure that JM (my stupid movie cohort) and I will find ourselves within the spaceship like Metreon chortling at its dumbness. I just know us.

Finally, that above picture, taken from the very first LIFE Magazine ever published. How might I have purloined such a shot? Well, the copyright for the amazingly designed magazine dissolved so Google Books has every single, brilliant issue, on the net for your perusal/scavenging. I leafed through one and nearly had to clean my pants afterwards.

Check it out HERE.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

You know your parents read your blog, right? So I think you owe me about a million bucks for the angry phone calls to the Kings Quest people.