Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm busy, here's some TRAILERS.

I've got things to do, great important things, so instead of spending time writing anything, I present to you a bunch of trailers with my thoughts on these trailers.

Enjoy.

There's a new clip up for Disney's new foray in to 2-D animation, The Princess and The Frog and it seems, well, cheesy. But maybe the kind of cheese that tastes good on a rye cracker. This is the first 2-D film released with Pixar's John Lasseter at the head so I'm at least a little interested.

Lets keep it Disney. Worst idea ever: a re-imagining of The Sorcerer's Apprentice as a Bruckheimer fueled action flick starring Cpt. Wig Nicolas Cage and Jay Baruchel. The trailer makes it look, well, magical, but I'm guessing this is one for the bland-brained Midwestern set. Sadly, that means I'll probably see it.

Peter Jackson's Lovely Bones is hurtling in to theaters soon, and strangely I'd never got around to watching this trailer. I'd heard someone refer to it as What Dreams May Come Pt. 2 and sadly I get a similar feeling. Nonetheless, Jackson has an occasionally deft hand and I'm excited for anything he's doing post-LOTR.

Speaking of the big guns, Rob Marshall (Chicago) is dropping Nine this holiday season, his retelling of Federico Fellini's 8 1/2, and by trailer alone, I'm at least curious. This is one of the more superficially attractive casts of women perhaps ever assembled, and with Daniel Day-Lewis at forefront, I might actually jettison my hatred of all things musical-related to see it. Maybe.

That still took me forty-five minutes. Blast.

Friday: Audition

No comments: