Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Two away from 200.

Haven't watched a Criterion film in weeks. No reason really, just haven't found the time or energy to pick up Bunuel's classic The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (102), and let me tell you, I love this flick. Hell, in the last few days I've been in such a constant state of movement (the lack of bike makes it much, much more time-consuming to get, well, anywhere) that watching a film seems almost laughable.

I wasn't even going to post today, as I haven't finished the last two-thirds of nor the entirety of Hustwit's first film Helvetica, but then I realized: it's getting pretty close to post numero 200. That's sort of an accomplishment. I mean, I have no idea who still reads this blog (if anyone) but this has to be the longest, most consistent piece of online writing I've done.

I was looking back yesterday with Alex, trying to posit when her name was first mentioned in the blog, and was almost shocked by the work and time I've put in to this thing.

200 hundred posts?

Getting old we are, this blog and I. Hopefully I'll put together a bit of a summation of my blog's life in the days to come. But first, I'm going to polish off Bunuel's film. In one big surreal gulp.

Wednesday: The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (102)

No comments: